Valmec offers full turn-key project execution of hydrogen facilities including Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC), project development support, feasibility analysis, detailed facility design, major equipment procurement, facility construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance support.
- Hydrogen generation – PEM and Alkaline systems
- Hydrogen compression
- Hydrogen storage and gas blending
- Hydrogen dispensing
- Water treatment systems, storage, pumping, and pipelines
- Hydrogen fuel cell power generation
- Operations and maintenance services
- Pressure testing, leak detection, acoustic emission testing
Valmec is a proud corporate member of the Australian Hydrogen Council (AHC).
The AHC is the peak body for the hydrogen industry, with members from across the hydrogen value chain. The AHC connects the emerging hydrogen industry and its stakeholders in building a secure, clean, and resilient energy future based on hydrogen.
Additionally, Valmec is Federal Safety Commissioner (FSC) accredited, under the Australian Government Building and Construction Workplace Health and Safety Accreditation Scheme.
Hydrogen Park Facility (HyP SA)
Valmec is an early player in the hydrogen industry, with its involvement in the Hydrogen Park South Australia (HyP SA), the largest, first-of-its-kind renewable gas blending project in Australia.
Valmec was contracted by the Australian Gas Infrastructure Group (AGIG) to design and construct the onsite infrastructure for South Australia’s largest renewable hydrogen production facility, Hydrogen Park South Australia (HyP SA) in the Tonsley Innovation District, Adelaide.
Supported by the South Australian Government with ARENA grant funding, HyP SA is aligned with the State’s vision to leverage its wind, sun, land, infrastructure, and skills to be a world-class renewable hydrogen supplier and to reach net-zero emissions by 2050. In late 2020, HyP SA first produced renewable hydrogen at the site using water and renewable electricity through a process known as electrolysis.
From 2021, hydrogen will be blended with natural gas and supplied to nearby homes via the existing gas network. Additionally, AGIG will also supply to the industry via tube trailers, and aim to supply the transport sector in the future.
HyP SA has received a number of accolades in recognition of its role in demonstrating the pathway to a cleaner energy future, including:
• 2020 Engineers Australia Australian Engineering Excellence Award winner
• 2020 South Australian Premiers Awards for Energy and Mining, Innovation and Collaboration’ category commendation
• 2020 SA Climate Leaders Awards, ‘Business and Industry’ category winner
• 2020 Australian Pipelines and Gas Association Environment Award winner
• 2022 Hydrogen Future Awards, ‘Hydrogen Project of the Year’ Category Winner